The civil parish of Stoulton no longer has a community made up of farmers, market gardeners and agricultural labourers. Many of the 1,959 acres of parish land are still farmed and the parish is covered with footpaths linking the village to small scattered hamlets. Today there are no lay patrons or great landowners and since 1932 there has been no school. There are 22 listed buildings including a grade 2* listed parish church situated in the village conservation area. Most of the 176 householders live in houses that are owner occupied, many were once tied cottages. Residents come from a variety of lifestyle/educational and social backgrounds, but are mostly professionals, well educated and articulate, with English as their first language. Many are retired having ‘escaped to the country’. They value the thriving Village Hall, the historic and well preserved church building, the farm shop, the good and improving transport links and the beautiful rural setting.